Fruits and vegetables are crucial for maintaining good health and giving you the energy boost you need to win your day.
However, due to various reasons (including limited access to fresh produce, low affordability, and diet preferences), people rarely meet the recommended daily servings of fruits and vegetables.
Luckily, fruit and vegetable supplements can help you bridge the nutritional gap. They’re affordable and offer you the same benefits of fruits, vegetables, herbs, and other essential nutrients in one convenient place.
Today, we’ll review some of the most popular fruit and veggie supplements, discuss how to choose the right supplement for your needs, and help you incorporate them into your diet. Finally, we’ll explore some of the potential risks and precautions you should be aware of when using nutritional supplements. Let’s go!
Step 1: Choose The Right Fruit and Vegetable Supplements
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of fruit and vegetable supplements on the market. Therefore, it can be difficult to choose the right one.
A good rule of thumb is to narrow your search by the type of dietary supplement you want, read the supplement labels and ingredient list, and buy from a reputable company for safety and effectiveness.
What Are the Common Types of Fruit and Vegetable Supplements?
The common types of fruits and veggies supplements include capsules, liquid, powder, gummies, and more. Gummies are tasty but may contain added sugar, so it’s best to read the label. Capsules and tablets are the most popular and can be easily drunk with water or another beverage.
Powders are also convenient since they can be mixed with smoothies, water, or your preferred liquid, while liquid-form supplements are taken as they are. Liquid supplements are best for kids and older people.
Step 2: Buy Top-Quality Supplements From Reputable Companies
It’s also important you buy from a reputable company like Simply Nutrients. Customer reviews and testimonials are a good place to start if you want to determine the quality of the product and the company’s reputation.
Also, ensure that the company follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and is licensed and certified by the appropriate authorities .
In addition, it’s best to buy your fruit and vegetable supplement from a trusted source like a certified organic food store or a pharmacy.
At Simply Nutrients, we’ve stocked numerous fruit and vegetable supplements from reputable companies.
Some of our top picks for superfood fruits and vegetable supplements include:
|Supplement Name||Dosage/Serving Size||Notable Benefits|
|NutriDyn Fruits & Greens||1 scoop in 8 ounces of liquid per day.||Boosted energy.|
|Fruits & Greens Immune Support||1 scoop in 8 ounces of liquid daily.||Improved immune function.|
|NutriDyn Kids Fruits & Greens||1 scoop in 8 fluid ounces of chilled water daily.||Better nutrition.|
Immune support for kids.
Enhanced growth and development.
|Indigo Greens||1 scoop (7.6 grams) in 8-10 ounces of your preferred beverage daily.||Balanced nutrition.|
Antioxidant support (free radicals bombardment).
|Organic Greens and Reds||1 scoop in 8-10 ounces of preferred liquid daily.||Improved nutrition. |
|Simply Fruits and Greens||1 scoop in 8 ounces of liquid daily.||Increased energy & vitality.|
Healthy digestion & GI function
Hormonal balance & healthy fats profile.
Step 3: Read The Ingredient Lists and Dietary Supplement Labels
You should read a supplement’s label and ingredient list before taking it to ensure its content is safe and that the product meets the level of effectiveness you require. Look out for:
- Active Ingredients – Review the active ingredients and their potency to see if the supplement meets your needs
- Other Ingredients –To determine additional contents like additives, sweeteners, binders, colors, fillers, preservatives, and flavors. Determine if you’re comfortable with these extra ingredients, or consult a certified personal trainer
- Serving Size – To see the proper dosage of your nutritional supplement
- Certification – Ensure your fruit and vegetable supplement has been certified or approved by a trusted third-party organization like USDA, USP, or NSF International.
Step 4: Incorporate Fruit and Vegetable Supplements Into Your Diet for Maximum Benefit
Incorporating nutritional supplements into your diet is a viable way to maintain overall health and well-being. Here are 7 tips to help you:
- Consult with your certified personal trainer: Talk to your nutritionist or healthcare provider to determine what’s missing in your diet and the safest and most effective supplements to provide it
- Choose A-1 products: Look for high-quality supplements approved by reputable third-party organizations that are fit for consumption
- Add supplements to a healthy diet: Your dietary supplements aren’t replacements for healthy eating. They should complement it. You should combine all the constituents of a healthy balanced diet, including fluids and organic veggies & fruits, with your supplements for optimal benefits. As Dr. Jeffrey Millstein, MD, physician at Penn Internal Medicine Woodbury Heights, says in an interview with PennMedicine, “Supplements are meant to be supplementary — meaning they enhance benefits already provided by eating a well-rounded diet.” 
- Take your supplements with food: This ensures optimal absorption into the bloodstream and a reduced risk of stomach upset. Note: Some supplements may need to be taken with specific foods. Check the product label to make sure
- Store your supplements properly: Away from direct sunlight or heat, in a cool, dry place. This helps preserve their freshness, effectiveness, and potency
- Strictly follow the dosage and other crucial instructions: Read the supplement’s label or consult your healthcare provider for the proper dosage. Taking more can be harmful, and less can be ineffective
- Be patient and consistent: Seeing results may take time, so it’s best to be consistent and hold your horses. Follow the instructions provided for the best results in due time.
By following the above tips, you can be sure you’re taking your fruits and greens supplements safely and effectively to maximize their benefits.
Now, let’s review some potential side effects and precautions to consider before taking fruit and veggie supplements.
Step 5: Understand The Potential Side Effects of Fruits and Vegetable Supplements
Potential Side Effects
While supplements can provide numerous benefits, there’s also risks associated with their use .
Dr. Millsten also adds, “Supplements may interact with other medications you’re taking or pose risks if you have certain medical conditions, such as liver disease, or are going to have surgery. Some supplements also haven’t been tested in pregnant women, nursing mothers or children, and you may need to take extra precautions.” 
Some of the most common dangers of using dietary supplements include:
- Reaction with certain medications like blood thinners.
- Upset stomach and other digestive issues like bloating, gas, and cramps.
- Allergic reactions like difficulty breathing, hives, rashes, and itching.
- Migraines and headaches
Note: While the above side effects are rare, mild, and only last for a short while, it’s important to talk to your doctor if you notice any bizarre reactions in your body while taking fruits and vegetable supplements.
Also, make sure you read the products’ labels for any indication of potential side effects to be prepared for before ingesting them.
Why Take Fruit and Vegetable Supplements?
Despite knowing the health benefits behind eating at least 4-5 servings of fruits and vegetables, most of us struggle to meet the recommended daily intake. That’s where dietary supplements come in .
They come in all shapes and sizes—from gummies and powders to capsules and liquids. While they replace whole foods, they do provide undeniable benefits, including:
- Concentrated nutrients in small servings, which are an effective way to meet the recommended daily nutrient intake
- They add essential vitamins to your diet, including dietary fiber, vitamin C, essential minerals and antioxidants which support immune function, prevent heart-related illnesses like high blood pressure, balance blood sugar, help you lose weight, and enhance your overall health
- They’re accessible to those with allergies or dietary restrictions
- They’re perfect for frequent travelers who lack access to fresh produce.
- They’re convenient for those who are always busy or lack the urge to eat enough fruits and vegetables
- They provide a healthy balance of nature fruits, an all natural veggie blend, digestive enzymes, and other key high-quality ingredients to bridge nutritional gaps.
Taking fruits and vegetable supplements is an effective and convenient way to optimize your overall health.
However, remember to take necessary precautions like reading the product labels carefully and doing your due diligence to minimize health risks. Also, be sure to strike a healthy balance between your healthy eating and supplementing by including organic whole fruits and vegetables in your diet.
If you found this article helpful, check our blog for more information on how to improve your family’s diet and overall health.
Finally, don’t forget to consult your doctor before subscribing to any supplement regimen for professional advice. Be mindful of your health, and happy supplementing!
NOTHING IN THIS WEBSITE IS INTENDED AS, OR SHOULD BE CONSTRUED AS, MEDICAL ADVICE. ANY HEALTHCARE AND/OR NUTRITIONAL MATERIAL CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE IS FOR CONSUMER INFORMATIONAL AND EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. SUCH MATERIAL IS NOT INTENDED AS MEDICAL ADVICE FOR CONDITIONS OR TREATMENT, NOR IS IT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR A MEDICAL EXAMINATION BY A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL. CONSUMERS SHOULD CONSULT THEIR OWN HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS FOR INDIVIDUAL MEDICAL RECOMMENDATIONS.